Saturday, November 29, 2014

Been so long since I last blogged, and do I regret it, each bit. But then I smile and say that may be this is how life moves. You know what I am saying, like life moves and with every move, every step, new stuff happens. You get involved in so many things, priorities change and most importantly, you change as a person. I am not sure if I have written this before, but for the past few months, I am absolutely obsessed with recipes, my kitchen, bed covers, cushion sets, grocery shopping et al. I don't remember in many many years while I was at home, getting fussed about such stuff. I used to think that I don't care much with what's cooking in the kitchen or what groceries shopping means! I used to give my opinion on bed covers and stuff but then that was it, no getting fussed on trivial matters.

When I got married, I don't know how, I got fascinated with everything that completes a house. I started taking special care to ensure that our house is spic and span. Even if that means, I have to let my chilling time take a backseat. I like it you know, while some people may judge me and call me boring about wanting to cook and clean over weekends, but that's what I like. It's difficult to say with certainity why I love cooking or cleaning but I do. We have a cook - Manisha, a gem of a help,  who makes all the meals for us, but I tell over weekends, that she can chill, for I am going to be the chef in the kitchen. The most funny thing is this habit I got, about asking AD what special stuff he wants to have over weekends. I remember when mom used to ask me the same question and I used  to be like, please don't ask me. It is weird in a very hilarious way, how I behave like the mom of the house! I want us to have healthy food, I want the wardrobes to be perfect, I want the cushion and bed covers to be changed frequently. AD helps quite a bit and I am not sure if he loves doing this as much as I do, but he helps, always, willingly .

Someone very rightly said, that happy time flies by. AD and I have completed one year of being with each other. Isn't that amazing, how we met, we became friends, he proposed, I said yes, we became lovers, the big fat wedding and then one day we were husband and wife, trying to figure out each other's eccentricities. I was still wondering about all the above, when it hit me, we have completed one blissful year! I tell everyone around me, get married, it will give you a dimension that you never had before. Get married to experience what togetherness really means. Get married so that you can belong to someone and someone can belong to you :-)

You want to take a guess dear blog, on why I could find the time to blog over a weekend, AD isn't home and what could have been a  better way than to spend an afternoon cooking, reading and writing! :)

No comments: