Monday, August 11, 2014

Happy chef!

Oh dear blog, you know how hobbies for kids keep changing over a period of time. I thought that happens because a kid doesn't know what pleases him more, this or that. Playing with the mud or making odd shapes on the whitewashed walls, but then I am not even a kid.  You should look at me, always finding new avenues to do stuff, to make stuff. Almost for a year before wedding, I thought I was in the wrong profession, I was so convinced that I should have been a wedding planner. I was so certain that I was cut out for that. I still in my leisure time, read the wedding blogs and advice the brides-to-be but that's where it stops.

Now, 9 months into wedlock, I am a changed person. And I am sure, all over again that I am in the wrong profession. You should look at me when I am in the kitchen. I am like this person who has been cooking forever, trying new recipes, making elaborate weekend menus, training my cook, I have got my hands full with cooking stuff. I can't tell you dear blog, how much I have fallen in love with cooking. AD is a food lover and the satisfaction that I get after having cooked something special for him is explainable. The joy that I experience when he has more food than what he usually has, gets me straight on the cloud nine. He got me an iPad on my Birthday thinking that I love writing and would blog all the time, little did he know that I will end up only reading and re-reading recipes on this iPad.

By the way, I am right now watching Masterchef Australia and reacting as if my life depended on this. I mean seriously, I am a vegetarian, but I so admire all these people on Masterchef who are making dishes with Octopus and lambs and God knows what. AD dreams everyday that one day I will make butter chicken for him or at least say that I-am-craving for it, get me some. I think these dreams will remain dreams but cooking shall continue forever, for him and for the people I love.

P.S. - I have an apron now, which says "beautiful cook on duty", no points for guessing who got that for me :D

No comments: