Sunday, February 23, 2014

It's a lazy Sunday dear blog, boy has left for office half an hour back and I am listening to AR Rahman's track from Highway, in the middle, thought of you. What do I tell you today, vacation to New Zealand, being a happy chef or Mumbai. I think I will pick up the first, for obvious reasons, one it was my happy honeymoon and two because it was truly amazing. We began thinking of our vacation even before we were formally engaged, I think partly because we had fallen head over heels for each other and partly because it is supposed to be cool to plan a vacation together :D Like a lot of other things, we had different ideas in mind. Boy wanted mountains, quaint towns, peace and just the two of us, I on the contrary thought of sea beaches, pretty cities, romantic dinners! I suggested to him that let's figure out what our married friends were upto and take their recommendations.

In the course of four months, we had in our dreams traveled the entire globe, we had been to Bali, Maldives, Australia, Europe, Bora Bora, New Zealand, Mauritius. We were practically scratching our heads on where to head to. The only thing both of us were convinced about was that we wanted to take it easy and relax while holidaying. I don't remember how and why we zeroed New Zealand but one fine day, we knew that New Zealand is where we were headed. Far far away from our country, we decided to go. While we started talking and googling more about NZ, we figured out that it fits in our scheme of things, it gives AD mountains and quaint towns and it gives me sea and cities, more importantly it gives us all the space that we needed after the wedding. Many people had told us, that NZ is as beautiful as it can get but I was completely in awe when I saw what all NZ had to offer. The country is such a picturesque place that I would always be confounded to what to click and what not to. There were times, when AD would stop the car and we would just gaze at the mountains, oceans, sun together. It was too much for a person like me, who has always been comfortable in concrete structures. When I would breathe, it would feel light, the nostrils could almost smell the airy air and
the muscles would open up to the breeze.

New Zealand just didn't boast of outstanding views but of extremely warm and friendly people too. People who would greet everywhere: in the shopping arcades, in restaurants, while clicking pictures, while sun bathing. They would pass such nice gestures to complete strangers. It was heart touching and very comforting, after all, we were just two brown people, married for a week, in a far far away land. They would compliment my Chooda, red bangles as they would call it and give me a thumbs up for having jumped out of the helicopter!

It was an amazing amazing vacation dear blog but you know what, there is no place like home. So go on, explore the world but come back home soon, very soon :)

No comments: