Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I do

It's been such a long break from writing to you dear blog. I have been away not just from you, but from everything else that used to be. Honestly, I don't regret it, you know how it is, how one event, one relationship, one person takes precedence over everything else. I am not sure where to start from, what's to write about first - wedding, being married, away from home, life with AD, Mumbai or the new ex-CM of Delhi (just kidding :))

I think I am not over my wedding as yet, I don't think I will ever be, so why not pen it down here, somewhere in the online space, where my grandchildren will someday be able to read and laugh at their toothless old granny. I don't know if it is now that I have started going in the fast forward mode or was I always like that. Anyway, coming to where I started - my wedding. If you ask me to describe it in one word then it would be BEAUTIFUL, you know just the kinds I had always dreamed of. It was picture perfect, the chill in the air, the flowers, the candle lit stage, the instrumental music, the food layout.. I loved each bit to pieces. AD was late and I kept waiting for him not like a coy bride but like a happy, chatty bride. I wasn't nervous at all, which was hugely surprising because I was a nervous wreck a day before. Just when he entered, I got up to brace that one walk which is supposed to be like THE WALK of life. I walked along side my cousins and friends underneath a bed of roses. I felt like a superstar, with cameras flashing all over, I was overwhelmed by the feeling that the day, that moment had indeed arrived. Before, I went up the raised platform, AD  stretched his hand to take my shaky hand in his and then we stood smiling and blushing. We exchanged the garlands and laughed like this stupid couple in love.

The good part, I mean another good part of my wedding was that I didn't feel sleepy at my usual 11 30ish, I was wide awake and took all the vows with utmost sincerity and devotion. It was only after takings the 7 pheras, it dawned on me that I am going to go, leaving my mom dad alone. I cried and cried and cried some more. I hugged daddy cool and told him that I don't want to go, he cried with me, hugged me tight and then softly gave my hand in AD's. I don't think any word can describe that feeling, that sinking feeling of leaving your parents, your home and going with this one person. I took that leap, I did, with a heavy heart and tears eyes, entered a new relationship, a new family, a new life. I am thinking right now of what to write next because the new life with God's grace turned out to be fantastic not like what it used to be, but great in every sense! That in short dear blog was a glimpse of my very gorgeous and amazing journey called - I do!