Sunday, March 31, 2013

Relatives! Whats that?!

I know dear blog, I am going to bore you to death by my endless planning and wedding news but please bear with me, its once in a lifetime event. And, I don't know if I have told you - I am a very wedding person, which means since childhood, all I wanted in life was to get married. When I was about 8, it was my younger Mamu (mommy's brother) who got married. How happy I was, I still remember, so many relatives came to my Daddy Ji's (mommy's father) house. We had a huge drawing room and everyone would come, dress pretty, sing songs, dance, eat loads and sleep giggling. I LOVED it, immensely and thought that my wedding would also be such. But to my huge surprise and slight disappointment, we don't have enough relatives and whatever few we have, would have to be coaxed into singing and dancing and would definitely prefer privacy of rooms to sleep and not some common living room type of arrangement.

Last month, when I and mommy sat down to list the close relatives we have, we could count them on our fingers. Only 4 families of 4 people each and my grandmom. That's about it. What to do dear blog, both my mom and dad are 3 siblings each and thus even if I want a house full of 100 people, I can't get. I will still manage with the fewer number of mamu, mami, chachu, chachi and young cousins that I have but what will happen in my next generation. In the wake of country running its population control agenda and families increasingly adopting the 1 child norm, there would be no relatives to invite for the weddings. The girl/boy whoever is getting married will be the sole person to sing, dance and be jolly. Damn! the new ways of life!

It is not just the number of relatives which has decreased, there is a whole lot of other changes which I see. Everything is so planned and systematic. You can't just put on the music and start dancing, lest it may disturb the neighbors; there will be a time and place for everything. There won't be sweets which the trademarks halwai used to make, there will indeed be packed and decorated boxes from one of the known sweet shops. There wont be cousins younger or older, clicking pictures in the way and manner they like, but professional photographers giving tips on candid moments. Don't mistake me dear blog, I am very keen on all of this, I just wish I had few more relatives - masis, buas to indulge me a little more. Oh! the greedy me! :D


5 comments:

Meghana said...


why r u bothered about ur next gen sweety? weren't u the one planning for what... 16 kids? ;-)

Anul mundra pandey said...

I do agree to the above context but seriously its lil better to hv less relatives :D...

Society z fr sure changing fr d better :)

PradhanAbhishekCVG said...

Time Time Time ... Call it Bloody Time .. or call it Good times...

And we can't blame it on anyone or event ourselves..

I feel like writing so much ... feeling I could write a sequel to your blog.. but then the comment box .. :P

Only thing we can say to ourselves..

"Santosham Param Sukham"

संतोषं परम् सुखं

satya said...

what is next?

Neha Dua said...

@Meghana - AD doesn't agree for 16 :| @Anul - you sure, fewer relatives is better!?!
@Abhishek - oh come on! you must write the sequel and then I will use the comment box :P