Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The way we live

My blood pressure will touch the sky one day, I get so worked up but what do I do, honestly dear blog, I was as polite as I could be and then such atrocious response.

A week back, I went to the market near my place. There is a small parking space right in front of the market. I was wanting to park but how could I, back and front wherever I saw, there were men conveniently using the space to relieve themselves. Old and young, literate and illiterate all alike. I waited for about five minutes and then parked. My blood had already boiled by them so I decided to wait another two minutes for this man who had just relieved him. I told him "this is market place and not your washroom". He simply said "usse bhi kaho na" and left. What choice did I have, to go and tell the other person or simply let it pass. I let it pass.

Today, while my head was going berserk with work. I stepped out for a cup of tea. There is a tea stall right in front of my office building. There were other people too, who were taking break from the monotony of the day. A group of three were having tea and omelette bread at the stall, this one particular guy, ate and left the plastic plate on the pavement near the stall. He was about to leave, when I told him that he left the plate there and a dustbin is right here (subtlety, you see). He asked me harshly, "what do you mean". I told him straight, "I mean, you should have thrown the plate in the dustbin". He said severely "what if I don't feel like doing it". I said "I will do it" and I picked the plate and threw in the dustbin. But will I do this again, I don't know.

Impossible is the word for the way we live, dirty are our ways and incorrigible are the means.


6 comments:

Saumya said...

its sad but true.. we feel helpless sometimes about the way things are,trying to improve them..
but i applaud ur responses in both the situations.i dont think i would have had the courage to do that.
Kudos Kiddo :)

Satyadev said...

your responses were too risky for a lady.Unfortunately we live in a dangerous environment.

Satyadev said...

However I respect and applaud your concern.

Neha Dua said...

@Saumya - I don't know if what I did made any sense but still just couldn't stop myself.

@Chachaji - I will be extra careful :)

Rahul said...

For the sake of your own safety Missy, pls be a bit careful and refrain your urge to vent your frustrations in public, take 'em out at Home. Nobody likes a Hero; things today are far more unpredictable than say even 6-7 yrs ago or so I hear ...
Regards

Neha Dua said...

Thanks for the concern Rahul!