Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Slow down my dear life

I long for that idleness which I hated once. Its been quite some time since, I savored a bite, took a nap in the afternoon, went for a long leisure walk in a park, read a book one page at a time, listened to a song while lying down or sat talking without looking at my watch. I want to slow down dear blog, for it is running each second, each minute, each hour. While I write this post, I am thinking of quickly having a glass of juice, finish the book, reply to mails, check the stay arrangements in Goa, have the vitamin and sleep. While I will sleep, I will make a mental note of the things I want to wind up tomorrow, while I will bath, I will think of what to wear, and while on my way to work, I will probably call a person whom I promised to call a week back. While at work, I wont even begin to tell, what all will be running through my silly little head. It is not that I don't like being busy, on the contrary, being busy keeps me happy and engaged but you know I am kind of craving for the nothingness which used to be.

Slowing down in my daily routine life is one thing but jumping from here to there is quite another. If there is an analogy to a racing car, then it is the way people lead their lives. From this lane to that, from the zig zag to the halt, from the blind turns to the smooth stretch, it is just so super duper fast. It is very often, I see people around me moving from one person to the other, one relationship to the next, a nice car to a sexy car, a cool phone to an Iphone, a high paying job to a higher paying job. How in such a world, does one truly appreciate the good people or beautiful things or sweet relationships?

This is such a fast track world dear blog, you cant even imagine.


2 comments:

Satyadev said...

Destiny is preparing you for bigger things ahead!

Neha Dua said...

Thank you for your blessings :)