Thursday, March 15, 2012

I have been slightly down and out in the last few days, have cried, had depressing thoughts, cursed my fate and called friends to tell my plight. Its unusual, because I generally don't like doing it but well some days I can't help it. It was something really small that triggered it but led to a chain reaction, it was like going into a downward spiral. I thought this was the end of my happy life when I remembered God, faith and everything else that has been a part of my upbringing. First time in my life I felt, how difficult life would be for atheists. Hypothetically speaking, there is no one that doesn't go through ups and downs in life and when people who do not believe in the existence of a supreme power go through lows, what do they do, what do they hold on to.

Faith is a wonderful thing I realize, I can turn to faith come whatever may. No questions asked and no answers given. It helps me keep going, makes me fight bad times and lends me the strength to look up and smile. As I ponder more on this subject, the more it emphasizes itself. When I look back at all the tough times I have gone through, I can conclude that its always the same things that comfort, optimism, faith in God and kind words.

Its fortunate to have a memory which keeps wise and kind words in some space from where they can always be recovered. A friend once told me, "In the end, its all going to be fine" and another told me "Since you have reached the nadir, there is only going upwards" and an uncle whom I met on flight said "Life is like a game of cards, you can't change the cards but play as well you want to". I just replayed all these phrases in my mind and am back to being the happy - strong person I want to be.

8 comments:

satya said...

you are a stronger person now!

Neha Dua said...

Credit goes to you :)

Soulfull Rhytm said...

Loved what your flight co-passenger said: life indeed is like a game of cards,
the difference being: the number of cards are unlimited and the rules are unknown.
If you choose the rules and are stringent with it, there will be only so many games you'll be able to play, hence limiting possibilities of life =)
i try experimenting with my rules of happiness sometimes, seems to work in my case !

Neha Dua said...

@Soulfull Rhytm - yes indeed it is so true, can't get over those words! Guess what my flight uncle, also left me with another thought, will write about it soon :)

satya said...

Just 52 Cards will give provide a few million combinations and possibilities.Ask any statistician!

Soulfull Rhytm said...

supercomputers would surely then
find the answer to " a happy life" by going over those millions of possibilities in matter of seconds with optional help of those statisticians to involve a human element to the solution.

Rahul said...

Neha, Sorry to see you so down. The Universe is always in the process of bringing something/ someone better to fruition for you, Be positive. All you need is a little faith.

Keep the faith !

satya said...

Dear soulful Rhytm,
My message was to play the best possible way with the cards you get.
By all means use super computer!