Saturday, February 4, 2012

The joy of cooking

I have never been one of those girls who help mommy with the cooking stuff, on the contrary I would always be seen lazing around with a book or laptop but never ever in the kitchen. I found the entire concept of thinking, cooking, eating and then thinking again for the next meal tiresome and boring but now, all of that is history.

I don't exactly remember the trigger but I know for a fact that I was itching to cook and so I pressed daddy cool to get all different veggies, coaxed mommy to take all her old cookery books out and I began thinking on what I wanted to cook: Indian , Italian, Chinese, Mughlai, Tandoori. I finally decided on a couple of different things and began the grand cooking plan. What a great feeling it is, to clean, chop, butter, marinate, bake, deep fry, grill. When something raw, takes a form and shape that is beautiful, I get excited. But, the ultimate satisfaction is when a loved one appreciates and says "its delicious"



5 comments:

Anil P said...

Cooking can be a cathartic experience, like writing, and some other things.

Anil P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Neha Dua said...

True Anil.. cooking is like, writing, reading.. dancing :)

Soulfull Rhytm said...

Any act of creation, cooking included enraptures us, it almost has a divine like meditative quality to it.

Neha Dua said...

True Soulfull Rhytm :)