Friday, December 16, 2011

Blanket Distribution

I went last night with two guys for distributing blankets to people who in this freezing cold sleep or rather remain awake in the night. It was an experience quite different to anything I have ever had in life. We went about taking shady roads, looking sideways, trying to find makeshift shelters, for people who needed our blankets. People whom we finally gave blankets were astonished and asked why are we doing this, they looked at us either with suspicion or with surprise. We only smiled and told them to use them and cover themselves properly. It was a feeling of immense satisfaction personally for me as I am someone who covers from head to toe, in layers of clothes and loves the winters. I cannot imagine the feeling of constantly feeling cold and living on the roads and pavements. Hence, I won’t even try defining it, I only hope that these blankets help them tide over these lovely winters the way mine do.

4 comments:

Karan said...

wow ! Some people can only think of doing this . Glad ! You actually did ! The best moments in life are these.

Neha Dua said...

I am only a small part of a good drive, glad to be a part :)

Ankit Agrawal said...

:)
Glad that i know you

Neha Dua said...

Ankit - :)