Sunday, September 11, 2011

Do I miss Mumbai?

Since, it was raining cats and dogs in Delhi, I SMSed a friend and said that it feels just like Mumbai. He asked casually, "Do you miss Mumbai" and I sent him a message which ran into four pages, so I thought why not write a post on this.

Well, my answer in truest sense goes like this. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. I miss the crazy freedom, miss it when I have to leave a concert/play and rush home, don’t miss it when I reach home dead tired and I have my beautiful room and good food waiting for me. Miss it when I have to keep convincing my parents to accompany me for a silly movie I want to watch, don’t miss it when I want to sleep on weekends. Miss it when I crave for Vada pav, don’t miss it when I get to have aloo tikki chaat. Miss it when I want to play poker, don’t miss it when I want to go on a long drive. Miss it when I want to see the sea; don’t miss it when I want to visit a park. To sum it all up, I would like to say:

My two cities, my two lives

One my mistress, one my wife!

6 comments:

Sandeep said...

I hope Delhi is the wife.. Mumbai is ok.. as a mistress ;)

Gaurav Anand said...

Well, Mumbai leaves this impression upon many. Especially, Delhiites :)

BTW, I am a die hard Delhiite myself !

Neha Dua said...

@Sandy - yes yes! I am delhite at heart :)

Neha Dua said...

@Gaurav - yes Mumbai, does leave an impression but I am back in Delhi and love like its my first love :)

nightridermonk said...

Neha, aloo tiki chat and long drives ab Mumbai mein bhi uplabdh!

Neha Dua said...

@nightrider - Delhi chaat and long drive ki baat hi kuch alag hai :)