Friday, August 12, 2011

Jaipur and more

I went to Jaipur last week and the experience was particularly refreshing. I tagged along with a senior colleague in his car and to our surprise the drive turned out to be a smooth and pleasant one. There was cool breeze, traffic free highway, countryside view and some great music. We reached in four hours flat and prepared for the work next day. I will skip the part about work but what I want to mention is that 22 people (fast trackers) together were on a journey to discovering themselves. We (the senior colleague and me) were facilitating the process and were quite liking it. First time in my life, I had the opportunity to give feedback to others on their personality traits, work place behaviour and so on. I remember how fascinating it used to be when in OB sessions, I got to know things about myself and so I secretly hoped that the group also finds the discovery fascinating and enlightening.

The resort where we stayed was a quiet and lovely place. It had a huge lawn, a swimming pool, monkeys, trees and in general an environment which is conducive to peaceful thoughts. The 4 day program went on smoothly and finally it was time to come back. For the return journey, I decided to take volvo with the group. We started at 4 and since, I had had a heavy sumptuous lunch, I dozed off without wasting any time. When I woke, the sun was beginning to fade and just then one person suggested that we play dumb charades. The group seemed reluctant and so was I. Just imagine a group of people with an average age of 32 who have met only 4 days back playing dumb charades! Anyway, we started and then there was no looking back. Everyone got so engaged in the game for the next 4 hours that one person almost missed boarding off at Gurgaon! Fact of the matter is that some things in life don't change and one of those being able to play dumb charades, wherever - whenever :)

The post ends here and what I am going to write now, has no relevance to anything written above but please read this because I am itching to tell - Men can be so obnoxious, today while I was walking on a road full of traffic and people, a person barely a step ahead of me took the smallest step towards the side of the road and relieved himself. DISGUSTING is the word, I mean, have men ever thought that how girls manage and don't they have an iota of shame whatsoever.

4 comments:

Muneetpal said...

Miss Dua, being cynical for the whole gender based only on one incident, isn't fair :-)

Neha Dua said...

Hmmm yaaa, but I hope your gender is doing better than what evidence I have :)

PradhanAbhishekCVG said...

I believe it's not gender that makes people pee on the road side... it's the circumstances people are brought in and how well they can manage it....
I have an incident of a middle aged lady who had to stop a volvo bus... (remember ...everyone doesn't sits in a Volvo..) to chennai for the same .... so that's the condition you are in and how well you can manage... Correct me if I am wrong and Apologies if I oversaid..

Neha Dua said...

Abhishek, of course it is largely about the circumstances but there have been many instances of the male gender not being able to manage and that surprises me!