Saturday, March 19, 2011

Last weekend went spectacularly well, there are a couple of reasons for that, the primary being that I went back to the place where I have spent my growing up years. My dad works with NTPC and so we used to live in this township called Dadri, which is about 26 kms ahead of Ghaziabad. It houses a thermal power plant and has a radius of 6 kms. Its a tiny place and this revelation happened only when we moved to Delhi. Back in township, there was never a need to step out for anything, there was a school (my school), hospital and a shopping complex. It was more and enough for my childhood and teenage years.

We used to live in this big house which was painted white on the outside, it had the luxury of a garden, veranda and a backyard. From the age of 10 to 17, we lived in that house and so there is an entire phase of life I associate it with. Friends, birthday parties, laughter, tears, rivalries, dreams, so much and more which it reminds me of. Since, I was in Dadri, I couldn't help but take a glimpse of that house and reminiscence of my carefree days.

I went to Dadri, with my two friends whom I have known through thick and thin of life, we have known each other since the age of 5 and have practically shared each little secret. We went because it was a wedding of this couple who was in school with us. We were all friends and they were tying the nuptial knot so we thought that it would be great to be a part of their celebration and of course we may just bump into old time buddies who in passage of time, lost touch. As expected it was awesome, to see our school friends together, they managed to look happy, stunned and ravishing , all at the same time. I also met other friends, we chatted, hugged, clicked pictures, teased each other and then headed towards our school at 2 in the night. We couldn't enter the school premises but nonetheless it felt good. We spent the night at one of my friends' place, it was till wee hours that we kept talking, finally slept and next day, it was back to being in Delhi.

P.S - I drove down the entire stretch to and fro Dadri

2 comments:

Muneetpal said...

Thankfully everyone reached safe :P

Neha Dua said...

Muneet mere dost, next time I am taking you on a long drive!