Sunday, January 23, 2011

Meeeee

I have always liked myself, when I was a child I used to climb up the chairs to see how I looked in a new dress or hairstyle. I would smile in conceit and then would pester my dad for compliments. It was these compliments and kisses which made me like myself more. Then at school, I would be at the best of my behavior and so I got badges and prizes. There were enough relatives and neighbors who said nice things about me to my mom and that only added to my smugness.

Now when I have grown up, the badges, kisses and envious neighbors all have gone,what has remained is the love which I have for myself. I call myself by my complete name, buy myself nice stuff, let myself binge on good food and always treat myself with respect. I also tell myself often that one day its all going to be fine so I coax myself to giggle even when I am down and out. The love also turns into mild indignation when I realize that I have done something or someone wrong. I castigate and punish myself by saying that I didn't expect this from myself.

People around me always tease me that I am such a big narcissist but to think of it, I feel that its a good way to lift your spirits. Rather than depending on someone else, why not make pamper yourself, pay yourself compliments when others are still contemplating, smile when others are smirking and last but not the least reprimand yourself before anyone else comes and makes you feel small. This is just my small way of being loved and conceited :p

3 comments:

Sandeep said...

hmmmmmm...

Sandeep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ankit said...

liked the part 'one day its all going to be fine'..reminds me of something