Sunday, November 21, 2010

Onset of winters

The slight shiver, cool fragrant breeze and sight of my soft blanket reminded me today that my favorite season is back. Last year I was in Mumbai and hence missed sorely this beautiful weather.

Dressing up in colorful warm clothes, snuggling into quilt and catching up on a nice old movie on television is my idea of a perfect winter evening. Actually come to think of it, it is the days which lead to the chill are the ones which I enjoy most. The sun is bright but with a tinge of blush, the ceiling fans are on but the speed gradually reduces, the jackets are out from the closet but still haven't found their way over the shirts. Its like enjoying the travel more than the destination. The craving for all the calorific dishes also start in these days. The temptation to eat and then sleep for hours together is hard to resist but nonetheless, its beautiful and I am loving it :)

2 comments:

Uday your relationship counselor said...

I love winters. I was in Delhi for seven years. Your post brings back magical memories of the season - the chill, the fog, the variety of clothes, the eating binge. I miss Delhi winter!

Neha Dua said...

Where are you staying now Uday? You wouldn't believe, Delhi winters this year has beaten all the previous chill records :)