Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bheegi Bheegi

At 4 in the afternoon, the sky was shadowed with dark clouds, there was lightening, thunderstorm and finally it was raining. Just when I started cribbing about yet another day of chaos, traffic jams and potholes, I saw someone.

She was in her mid twenties, wearing a white Chudidar and Kameez, looking elegant yet simple. She had long black hair tied neatly in a braid, big eye lashes and a sharp nose. There was no makeup but a hint of pink color on her lips and kaajal in her eyes. As soon as the rain gathered momentum, her eyes lit up with naughtiness. It was as if she was expecting this, the day she is dressed in her white clothes, she will get drenched. Her vulnerable self wasn’t scared at all, in fact there was smile in her eyes.

As I kept staring in her direction, I could see that her dress was now soiled, hair all messed up, kaajal smudged and lip shade faded but she still looked gorgeous. She is not perfect it seemed but the way she stood there dreaming and dancing surely took my breath away. I couldn’t resist but approach her, I asked her who is she, what’s her name. She looked at me indulgently and whispered in my ears “Dilli”.

2 comments:

Sandeep said...

Galli hai Deewanon ki Dilli Dilli :)

Uday your relationship counselor said...

Wow...!!! still staying connected to Mother Nature!