Thursday, March 4, 2010

Colors, my favorite colors

I have loved colors since childhood, when people would ask me about my favorite color I would usually say Pink (the girlie color, you see) . But that time I was very young and very infatuated with pink, as I grew up I realized that each time I was asked the question, I had an urge to give name of a different color. Weird as it may sound, but it is true, that I simply love all colors and not one color is my favorite color. In fact, for some time now, I have been making sure that my wardrobe is full of clothes of various colors so that I could flaunt different colors on different occasions.

Colors also remind me of Holi and the wild ways with which people play Holi. But this Holi was a complete delight because I mostly played Holi with young kids (age upto 5). Since, I was at Mamu house for the Holi weekend, I didn't know many people. I was quietly standing in a corner which attracted a lot of attention from young kids. They came to me with their tanker sized Pichkaaris and attacked me full on :). By the way, I also discovered that if you have younger cousins (age upto 12) specially boys, it could be a bit of a pain. I was the victim of a toli of young and naughty boys for whom holi meant playing with color water balloons. I still shudder from the thought :

Apart from the normal playing holi with young and younger kids, it was a lot of fun to observe the teens and adults. The teens were having time of their lives, rain dancing, flirting and what not. But the adults, hats off to them, they were completely rocking. By adults, I don't mean people like me, but the real adults - the uncles and aunties. I saw so many uncles, who got a chance to hug aunties on the pretext of 'Holi hai!'. It was sometimes amusing and sometimes funny but in retrospect I think it was cute as long as the aunties didn't mind!

2 comments:

Chuchu said...

Lol on the uncle remark!!!

nands said...

Even I find it difficult to choose between blue, green and violet as to which is my favorite color!
If any of those uncles read this, you might have little pain! :D