Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cruise


Me and my BoB gang are always looking out for new ways of exploring and enjoying whatever little time we get together. So this Saturday was no different and we wanted to spend our weekend in an unusual way. Somehow, we figured out about this cruise which is an overnight thing and decided to experience it.


We were nine people who were supposed to meet at the Dockyard Station at 7 pm for the on boarding formalities and our cruise was to leave at 8 pm. Thanks to the sleepy me, we were at the Borivali station at 7 pm from where it would take a minimum of 1.5 hours to reach the cruise place. The journey therefore to reach the dockyard station became pretty much exciting, we ran as if it was a marathon, we coaxed the cab driver to drive fast and I made innocent faces to save myself from curses. But thanks to our luck, the super fast train, the cab driver and most importantly the three people (AS, SB, AN) who reached and stopped the cruise for us. Thanks guys :)

Now, is the part on the cruise - we started by exploring the deck and other areas, thereafter had dinner, then danced in the disk and also watched some dance numbers by the dancers (much enjoyed by the boys). The breeze was nice, the people were drunk and I was sleepy. We had the whole night to spend and then was the discovery, the revelation that I am a gambler ;)


My friend SSN, was carrying a pack of cards and he volunteered to teach us Poker, I have never played it and have no idea about it, except that it is gambling. I was just going to opt out of it when I thought that I will be a sport and learn it. After that, there was absolutely no looking back, I played the first few games foolishly and then I was in form, I was the pro. It is an absolute addiction and I loved it. It gives such a high to raise the bar, calculate moves and finally read faces. We played Poker the whole night and in the morning when everyone got up to watch the sunrise, I begged for another game!


After a couple of more hours, we were back from where we started. Of course, the cruise rejuvenated us and also made me realize my inner gambling and risk taking instincts. All my friends utilized their Sunday sleeping and the freaky me cleaned the house whole day :(

2 comments:

Ankit said...

very well written nehu..good choice of words..made me giggle throughout :)

ashima said...

Nice one KK!! :P AS says "You're most welcome :)