Monday, November 9, 2009

Songs..

How often it happens that songs conjure up memories.. memories of people, of places, of moments, of childhood, of happy times.. Songs have always had a special place in my life, the lyrics, the music takes me into another world all together.

I still remember the magic which "Pehla Nasha" had on me. I was in school, guess 8th standard, first time crush on this cute guy from my class. This song made me blush and made me smile and I just wanted to dance with him. It is all together a different matter that later I associated the same song with lots of other crushes as well :) Sometimes it was the craze of DDLJ and sometimes KKHH but all of them had their own charm and my own dreams associated with them. I can still vividly recall the school farewell where we played "Yaroon Dosti" and hugged and cried and cried. That song meant the entire world at that point of time. It was "Papa Kehte Hain" during college, "Maa" when away from mommy dearest, "Ye Ishq Hai" when love was blossoming, "Mehfuz" in those tender moments and finally on occasions of apparent heart breaks "Ya Rabba" and "Tere Bin Nahi Lagda" did the trick. When my special someone was coming to see me after a long time, all I could hum was "Tere Aane Ki Jab Khabar" and finally as I end this post and look outside my window, the perfect song is playing in the background "Chandni Raatein.."

I wish I was a song too.. happy and sad but complete in its own beautiful way :)

2 comments:

RISHABH JAIN said...

hmmm,,,, currently theme song of my life is " kya karoo....." from wake up sid. :D

Chaitanya Jha said...

woh kagaz ki kashti, woh baarish ka paani :)