Monday, November 30, 2009

Back to where I don't belong!

The weekend I waited for weeks is over before I realized, before I could hold on, before I was content..

This Sun, the 29th of November was Ashish's marriage, my friend and my alter ego (we have exactly the same scores in all our personality tests). Way back in 2007, I barely knew him, but I knew he had a girlfriend whom he will marry when we complete our MBA and yesterday he kept his word. Not that I ever doubted his intentions, but it is always nice to see love culminating into life long partnership. The marriage was in Goa, his native place. It was a nice and quiet Indian wedding, the bride looked beautiful in her red saree and the groom was my ever jovial friend. I smiled and just wished them all the happiness in the world. This was not it, in our trip to Goa, another couple announced their wedding. They too looked happy and it seemed just as the perfect ending and the perfect beginning of a new era of relationship, of a new dawn of emotions.

Goa was wonderful, the serene beaches the vast stretch of sand and the friend closest to heart. It doesn't take more for the life to look perfect. I desired for the time to stay still but it didn't and I am back to the house, to the office, where I don't belong. I might have accepted all of it with open arms but my idea of life was never this. I had dreamt of a big house on the beach, a walk on the sand and love at all times. I wished my life to be that simple, that beautiful!

5 comments:

Darin said...

Wish u luck.. :)

Madhu said...

my cute innocent roomie..

i dont just hope.. i know you are going to get what you wish for..

Sandeep said...

Inshallah :)

Neha Dua said...

Thanks Darin, Roomie and Sandy :)

Ashish Kolvalker said...

Happened to see this post a bit late... Was great to have you there dear :) - Hope u guys enjoyed Goa - it meant a LOT to me to see u people there :) - especially the Room No 223 occupants :)! - Time immemorial - am writing this comment at 1:49 AM and am seriously missing MDI a lot!! Wish our stint there had neva got over...