Saturday, October 31, 2009

Meaning

As it happened, I was going on and on about some random happenings with a friend on phone, when suddenly we started talking about work. I don't know where it came from but I told him, that I am working and happily so because I think it is meaningful work. Different people have different notions about their work. Some work for the pure pleasure for money, some to pass their time, some because its fashionable and some simply because they derive meaning out of it. I don't know how many people will concur with me but I strongly believe that without value, without meaning there is no point. And this philosophy of mine, goes beyond work. Just to give an example, a relationship is beautiful and fulfiling, till the time each individual adds meaning to it. The day there is no exchange of thoughts and I mean the value adding thoughts or feelings, that day a relationship should end.

I might be stretching this a bit too far but that's what I believe in. Meaning or nothing.

4 comments:

RISHABH JAIN said...

i will work only for money coz then i have some big plans for my life which require huge amt. of investment :)

Sandeep said...

I agree :) the only thing that would work is how much you can give to the other person not how much you demand.

Hriday said...

a job is a random stochastic process :P as is life to an extent ...i really dont think meaning comes from your work...its rather a locus of your perspective and attitudes!

Hriday said...

a job is a random stochastic process :P as is life to an extent ...i really dont think meaning comes from your work...its rather a locus of your perspective and attitudes!